Elissa/Slave Girl Bodice – Level Start!

I wanted to make the PotO Dressing Gown for Halloween this year. I made one before, very horribly, out of definitely not the right materials (heck, I didn’t even have enough of the materials). No pictures seem to have survived of this monstrosity before I chopped it up and turned it into a horrible blouse. Yep, you heard that right – I used to stink at sewing. Then again, I’m a perfectionist.

Still, I really missed having a PotO dressing gown. Over the years I managed to accumulate several vintage dressing gowns, slips, nighties, and various bits of that type of lingerie. If I wear a few of them together, it makes a barely passable Christine. (My friends thinks it looks great, I am shaking my head at myself in my imagination and hoping everyone thought I was a very nicely-dressed ghost the last time I wore that out to club)

In order to make a new dressing gown, I insist on doing it the right way this time – by making the foundation garment first. This particular interpretation of the dressing gown is going to based more on several stage versions, with a few nods to the movie version, in the same vein as my chandelier bead necklace. As such, I’m making the Elissa/Slave Girl bodice instead of the white corset from the movie. I’ll also be making the slave girl rope skirt to go with the bodice, and at some point in the future maybe I’ll tackle the Elissa skirt.

Continue reading

Advertisements