A Little Illumination…

It’s finally done! I’ve been talking about it, and I finally re-learned the ins and outs of Windows Movie Maker, and now I’m finally done editing it! Without any further ado whatsoever, here it is, my Phantom tribute, “A Little Illumination…”!

Advertisements

Dream a Dream…

Warning: This post deals with emotions and feelz big time. If you’re only interested in happy fun time, this is not the post for you. In this post, I type, uncensored and honestly, about my biggest insecurity. If you want a real, honest, and raw blog post from a real person pouring her heart out, read on…

I’m still shaking from the most moving musical experience I think I’ve ever witnessed in my life…

Continue reading

A slight delay…

Hello blogosphere… It’s been a few days since my last update. Here’s why:

I finished sewing up the front of the bodice. It sits very nicely on me now! Without all those hooks and eyes on the front, there’s no puckering, so the front is nice and smooth and flat now, ideal for decorating.

So I set about to make the pattern to cut out my velvet pieces. However, the base bodice itself is made of a slightly stretchy material. This means that no matter what I do, laying it flat isn’t going to give me an accurate pattern. Add to this the fact that the velvet has just a little more stretch than the base fabric, and it means that, after cutting and sewing everything together, it may not fit me properly.

I have a solution, though – I’ll be making a duct tape double, a mannequin in my exact size and proportions. This will save me so much time and hair-pulling, since, for the first time in all the years I’ve been costuming, I’ll be able to drape, draft, and fit things properly to myself! I’m so excited!

Continue reading

Elissa/Slave Girl Bodice – Level Start!

I wanted to make the PotO Dressing Gown for Halloween this year. I made one before, very horribly, out of definitely not the right materials (heck, I didn’t even have enough of the materials). No pictures seem to have survived of this monstrosity before I chopped it up and turned it into a horrible blouse. Yep, you heard that right – I used to stink at sewing. Then again, I’m a perfectionist.

Still, I really missed having a PotO dressing gown. Over the years I managed to accumulate several vintage dressing gowns, slips, nighties, and various bits of that type of lingerie. If I wear a few of them together, it makes a barely passable Christine. (My friends thinks it looks great, I am shaking my head at myself in my imagination and hoping everyone thought I was a very nicely-dressed ghost the last time I wore that out to club)

In order to make a new dressing gown, I insist on doing it the right way this time – by making the foundation garment first. This particular interpretation of the dressing gown is going to based more on several stage versions, with a few nods to the movie version, in the same vein as my chandelier bead necklace. As such, I’m making the Elissa/Slave Girl bodice instead of the white corset from the movie. I’ll also be making the slave girl rope skirt to go with the bodice, and at some point in the future maybe I’ll tackle the Elissa skirt.

Continue reading